Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Martha My Dear

I have every studio album The Beatles released in one form or another. Only two are consistently played. Rubber Soul. And their self titled, more commonly known as The White Album. I can't explain it, but this album has been on repeat for about three weeks. Four sides, 30 tracks and 95 minutes of awesome. There is one song in particular that I have not been able to stop listening to and again, I can't explain why. For some reason this song feels new to me. I don't remember hearing it outside of listening to it on this album. I don't remember it ever being played on the 'oldies' radio station I grew up with and well...I don't listen to the radio now, so I definitely wouldn't have heard it since I moved to the city.

Now that I'm really thinking about it, maybe I can explain it. What I love about this song is the horns, more specifically, the tuba. That is a ridiculous thing to love about a song. Maybe I love something else too. The other thing I love about this song, is the lyric, "When you find yourself in the thick of it Help yourself to a bit of what is all around you..." It isn't just the words, but how Sir Paul sings it. It's just one of those things about a song I can't let it go of and find myself repeating in my head for hours. In the middle of yoga, work, spin, making dinner, walking from the train. You get the idea. I guess I could explain it...

There aren't many songs that have this kind of affect on me (coincidentally two on the same album - "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" being the second). So when I find one that does, I hold on to it.

Hope you are having a wonderful Wednesday! Almost to the weekend!
Peace, love and shoes,
{PL}



Want to hear the whole album? The White Album