Friday, April 25, 2014

A Lack Of Color

I've lived in NYC for quite some time now and one thing about my wardrobe remains unchanged from day one. All black everything. My handbag, black. My jacket, black. My dress, black. My tights, black. Okay, sometimes purple. My shoes, black. And occasionally gold. I have no idea who created the NYC uniform, but I have clung to it for the last eight years. It is true black is a very flattering color. But it can also be a very boring color. Or lack thereof if you want to get technical. 

I've been taking baby steps over the last year to incorporate some splashes of color into my sea of black. It's not easy, because black is a VERY popular choice for every garment type. And as I said makes any shape look amazing. But there comes a time in every NYC woman's life when appearing as if in constant mourning is no longer the goal. Here are a few suggestions to take the leap. 

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Peace, love and shoes,
{PL}

JCrew
JCrew
Michael Kors




JOA
Splendid

All photos care of Pinterest