Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Buy. Stream. Pass. - April 2nd 2013

Happy New Music Tuesday! Should you buy, stream or pass on this week's releases?

BUY. STREAM. PASS.

STREAM: Alkaline Trio – My Shame Is True [Deluxe Edition]
Although I was a huge fan of AK3 as an older-than-most emo kid in the mid-00s, this album sounds like every AK3 album.  It's good! But it's been done. Over and over. And over again. Usually I would go into a rant about how they need to create a new sound for themselves, blah blah blah blah. But in their case, I wouldn't change a thing. I sort of like that they create the same album over again. Because that album is consistently good. ~PL

There is something about his voice that just does it for me. Though I'm not in love with this album, I definitely like it a lot, especially the first two tracks. Not everything can be "Hang Me Out To Dry," but I like the direction they're heading in these days. ~PL

There are a handful of bands trying to keep the spirit of the 90s alive and Mudhoney is obviously one of them. As with almost anything else they've done it has a raw edge that speaks to anyone dying to stay firmly planted in the 90s. And on this albums contains a track called, "Douchebags on Parade." I mean seriously, they're still awesome. ~PL
For full list of April 2nd releases visit AlbumoftheYear.com

DON'T FORGET... 

For a complete list of what will be available and where, head to RecordStoreDay.com