Tuesday, December 18, 2012

PL's 10 Favorite Albums of 2012

DCILYmusic: PL's 10 Favorite Albums of 2012.
*in alphabetical order
by Penny Lane

This has been an interesting year. Both in life and music. We are another year older but it remains to be seen if we have become wiser. At the end of every year I pretty much feel the same way...bring on the clean slate. Musically, is has been an equally interesting year. After perusing the many end of year lists, it is clear my list is a little off the beaten path. There were few similarities and at least one, maybe two, I am shocked appeared virtually no where else but on my list - though I have to admit I haven't read ALL the year end lists.

I think 2012 was a great year for music from newbies and old timers alike. I'm looking forward to not only a clean slate for life, but for music as well...

Cheers to a healthy and happy New Year!

Chairlift - Something: Chairlift – Something
Tracks: Wrong Opinion, Ghost Tonight

Dinosaur Jr. - I Bet On Sky: Dinosaur Jr. – I Bet On Sky
Tracks: Watch the Corners, Rude

Father John Misty - Fear Fun: Father John Misty – Fear Fun
Tracks: Hollywood Forever Cemetery Sings

Frank Ocean - Channel Orange: Frank Ocean – channel ORANGE
Tracks: Sweet Life, Super Rich Kids, Lost

Good Old War - Come Back As Rain: Good Old War – Come Back As Rain
Tracks: Over and Over, Calling Me Names,Not Quite Happiness

Grizzly Bear - Shields: Grizzly Bear – Shields
Tracks: Yet Again, Half Gate, Sun In Your Eyes

Heartless Bastards - Arrow: Heartless Bastards – Arrow
Tracks: Marathon, The Arrow Killed The Beast

Norah Jones - Little Broken Hearts: Norah Jones – Little Broken Hearts
Tracks: Say Goodbye, After The Fall, Happy Pills

Passion Pit - Gossamer: Passion Pit – Gossamer
Tracks: Take A Walk, On My Way, Love Is Greed

Stars - The North: Stars – The North
Tracks: The Theory of Relativity, Through the Mines

Wanna hear my favorite songs from each album? PL's Favorite Songs of 2012