Sunday, January 23, 2011

Get Your Kicks

Sneakers, that is!

Seven years ago, the second summer I lived at the beach, I bought the most amazing pair of Vans from the surf shop where I worked. Black, white and purple. I loved those shoes so much. Wore them practically every day. They looked cute with sun dresses. Jeans and a t-shirt. Shorts and a tank top. They were just perfect.

When I moved to New York City, I wore them just as much! But they were starting to wear out on the bottom. To the point where I had to start duct taping them to keep them together. A few times I found myself walking home from the train to my apartment in the rain, sloshing along with very wet socks.

Friday. I bought myself a new pair! They are the same style and almost the same color combination and I am certain they will treat me as well as my first pair did...

Viva la Vans!