Tuesday, March 13, 2012

New Music Tuesday!!

Every Tuesday is an exciting new day for music! Here are a few selections worth checking out, with links to articles, reviews, videos and anything else I could find! As well as newsworthy items for everything else...

Happy Listening!

New Releases:
Delta Spirit - Self Titled
Spotify: Delta Spirit – Delta Spirit
Paste Magazine Review: Delta Spirit: Delta Spirit
I sometimes get The Duke Spirit and Delta Spirit confused, but in name only. Though I don't know too much about Delta Spirit, I do know that this album is worth a listen or two. The end of the album sounds a bit like Arcade Fire, which isn't  bad, but I don't think it's good either. Overall, this album is catchy! A toe-tapping good time!

Say Anything - Anarchy, My Dear
Spotify: Say Anything – Anarchy, My Dear
Alt Sounds Review: Say Anything - Anarchy, My Dear [Album]
I am not now, nor have I ever been a Say Anything fan. This album did absolutely nothing for me. I vaguely remember this band being in the "pop emo" category at some point. I can honestly say I would have no idea how to categorize them today. The album seemed all over the place and certainly not in a good way, not that it ever is...

The Ting Tings - Sounds From Nowheresville
Spotify: The Ting Tings – Sounds From Nowheresville
Consequence of Sound Review: The Ting Tings – Sounds from Nowheresville
"Shut Up and Let Me Go" permeated our brains in April of 2008 due to an iPod commercial. The first five times I heard the song I loved it! It was the last million that put me over the edge. Media sure does know how to beat a dead horse, BUT it was due to that beating that the Ting Tings became successful. I own their first album, but I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've actually listened to it. I have to admit I had to force myself to listen to Sounds From Nowheresville the entire way through. I was ready to give up after the second track but forged on. I think the only track I actually liked would have to be, "Give It Back." I tried...I really did...

The Decemberists - We All Raise Our Voices To The Air
Spotify: The Decemberists – We All Raise Our Voices to the Air (Live Songs 04.11 - 08.11)
The AV Club Review: The Decemberists: We All Raise Our Voices To The Air
A crowd Om in "We Both Go Down Together." Fantastic. Yodeling at the end of "The Rake's Song?" Amazing. It's one of the things I love about live albums. The banter!! Makes me feel like I'm there. With the crowd. Om-ing right along with them...


NEWS...
SXSW:
1) Apparently Billy Corgan has something to say! Billy Corgan Rants About 'Posers' at SXSW

2) Homeless hotspots? I honestly don't know what to say...and that's saying something. In SXSW ‘homeless hotspots,’ have we lost our humanity?

3) I would like to know who thought this movie was a good idea? As someone who watched 21 Jump Street as a kid I am APPALLED by even the trailer, let alone what this steaming pile of a movie must be like in its entirety. Hollywood, you have gone too far! Sadly, according to this article, there are talks of a sequel? I'm just going to sit here, in silence, while I ponder the meaning of life... Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill Premiere '21 Jump Street' to Happy Crowd