Tuesday, March 6, 2012

New Music Tuesday!!

Every Tuesday is an exciting new day for music! Here are a few selections worth checking out, with links to articles, reviews, videos and anything else I could find! As well as newsworthy items for everything else...

Happy Listening!

New Releases:
Andrew Bird - Break It Yourself 
Spotify: Break It Yourself
Huff Post Interview: Andrew Bird Talks "Break It Yourself" and his obsession with maps
Good music for a day full of whimsy! Singer-Songwriter/Folk, though All Music classifies him as Pop/Rock (I strongly disagree).

Madonna - Girl Gone Wild (single)
Spotify: Girl Gone Wild (single)
EW article: Madonna vs. Joe Francis
I'm pretty sure every track that comes from this album is going to evoke the same feeling - "I don't love it, but I don't hate it." Which isn't bad, but it certainly isn't good. I have been relatively vocal about my distaste for Madonna and her "I'm worth it" ways since reading an article where Madonna said she wants her fans to "start saving your pennies" in order to afford a ticket to see her perform (Read article here). I call bullshit and wish I could tell her she can take my pennies and stick them where the sun don't shine!

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball 
Spotify: Wrecking Ball
AV Club Review: Bruce Springsteen: Wrecking Ball by Steven Hyden
Bruce does Bruce, again. And he does it well (except for the rapping on "Rocky Ground" YUCK!!). I can't help but feel a pang of nostalgia every time I hear any song by Springsteen. Probably because "Born In The USA" was one of the first songs I actually remember (I was six when the song/album was released). The second video I ever saw on MTV (the first was Pride (In The Name Of) by U2). And an artist I didn't have to beg my parents to listen to, since they liked him too! He's the people's musician. Working class Joe. A man people feel they can relate to both in life and music. I say, Bruce Springsteen for President!

White Rabbits - Milk Famous 
Spotify: Milk Famous
Consequence of Sound Review: Album Review: White Rabbits - Milk Famous 
To be honest, I don't know much about White Rabbits. But the name of the album intrigued me so I thought I'd check it out and I am glad I did! On several occasions I found myself dancing in my desk chair, so this album will likely go into heavy rotation!

For a full list of new releases for 3/6/12, visit AllMusic.com!!


NEWS:
Radiohead: Pre-sale tickets for both Prudential Center - Newark, NJ shows go on sale Thursday March 8th through the band's site W.A.S.T.E Central. Also, the band debuted an oldie but goodie, live last night in Dallas, "The Amazing Sounds of Orgy," watch below...


As well as new song, "Skirting on the Surface" also in Dallas, watch below...


If you would like to see something featured on New Music Tuesday, shoot me an email: pennyofthelane@gmail.com