Monday, March 26, 2012

New Music Tuesday!

Every Tuesday is an exciting new day for music! Here are a few selections worth checking out, with links to articles, reviews, videos and anything else I could find! As well as newsworthy items for everything else...

Happy Listening!


New Releases:
Madonna - MDNA
Spotify: Madonna – MDNA
Miami Herald Review: Madonna Inspires Dance Euphoria
The two most interesting things about Madonna's new album are the covers. Love the bright colors, her red dress, her face obscured by what looks like glass, her bright red lips and cat eyes. Very intriguing. Wish I could say the same for the music. I tapped my toes. I wiggled in my seat a little. But I can honestly say there wasn't anything about this album I haven't already heard from her. Honestly, I could never hear from her again and live a long happy life...
 
Standard Release Album Cover
Deluxe Edition Album Cover

The Mars Volta - Noctourniquet
Spotify: The Mars Volta – Noctourniquet
NME Review: Review: The Mars Volta
This band seems to evoke a very emotional response. You either love them. Or you hate them. There are very few people that live in between. I can honestly say, this album has put me in between. I LOVED Deloused In The Comatoruim. LOVED! But then...they kind of lost me a little and I was sort of okay with that. Now, three years since their last release and I am not sure if I can find my way back. They've always been weird. It's part of their charm. But this album just feels weird. I can't quite put my finger on why, after listening to this album, I feel as though I could never listen to them again, but I think it's time to put them on a shelf and let them collect dust for awhile...

Amy Dalley - Coming Out Of The Pain
Spotify: Amy Dalley – Coming Out Of The Pain
Performance Schedule: AmyDalley.com/tour
I'm doing something so very unlike me. I'm listening to country music. I wanted to spice up the variety in my reviews so I thought I'd go for country. Though I don't think I would choose to listen to her on the regular, Amy Dalley has a beautiful voice. And an amazing sense of humor. The first track off Coming Out Of The Pain, "Peace Sign," had me rewinding and giggling and writing lyrics down so I wouldn't forget them... It's your typical I-just-got-dumped song with a flare for the humorous! Lines like, "you put the f-u in fun," or "I'm just sayin' goodbye, one finger shy of the peace sign," had me giving her air high fives for stickin' it to him. On a whole, I don't think this album is a clear departure from what country already has to offer, but it's entertaining and a pleasure to sit through...but shhhhhh, don't tell anyone I said that ;)

Check for other new releases at AllMusic.com

Madonna album cover photos care of Wikipedia

NEWS...
1) SPIN compiled a list of the 30 Most Hated Bands, 30 just isn't enough in my opinion, but they nailed it: 30 Biggest Punching Bags In Pop History

2) The Mad Med Season 5 premier was last night, but I can't watch it yet! I'm still on Season 2 (I know, I know, behind the times), but this track is ALL over the interwebs: Mad Men Version of Zou Bisou Bisou in iTunes Store

3) It's cool and windy here in NYC today, but this song transports me to sunny California *sigh*
"Why would you live anywhere else?" That's a good question, Best Coast. That, is a good fucking question: Download Best Coast's New Track "The Only Place"