Tuesday, April 24, 2012

New Music Tuesday!!

Every Tuesday is an exciting new day for music! Here are a few selections worth checking out, with links to articles, reviews, videos and anything else the Internet has to offer!


Happy Listening!

New Releases... 

Jack White - Blunderbuss 
Spotify: Jack White – Blunderbuss 
Pitchfork: Reviews: Blunderbuss
I am not a huge fan of Jack White. I didn't really like the White Stripes. Including the whole "we're brother and sister" thing, even though they were husband and wife (EW! Creepy). And I think he looks like a poor man's Johnny Depp. All that aside, I don't hate this album. It feels like no matter what he does his voice, as in his literal voice, sounds the same. A little creepy, a little eccentric and a little brilliant. And that is what makes the music interesting. He's unique. On a whole the album sounds older than its time. Which I certainly don't hate. I've always felt I was born in the wrong era and tend to lean towards the music of my Parent's generation (50s, 60s early 70s) which sometimes puts me out of touch with my own. But this appeals to me because of its 'wise beyond its years' feel while still remaining very relevant to today. Jack White, Congratulations! You've made me a fan with this album.


The Dandy Warhols - This Machine
Spotify: The Dandy Warhols – This Machine
Diamonback Online: Old Machine, New Tricks
The last Dandy Warhols album I cared about was 2009's The Dandy Warhols Are Sound and sadly it will remain that way. This Machine reminds me of The B52's, "Rock Lobster," meets Gorrilaz, "Clint Eastwood," with a smattering of The Beach Boys, "Bet Sounds," meets the horn section from The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, with the voice of Brad Roberts from Crash Test Dummies. If that all sounds fucking weird, it's because it is. It doesn't feel like it all belongs on the same album. I would say this album suffers from a bit of an identity crisis.


Brad - United We Stand
Spotify: Brad – United We Stand
Artist Direct: Stone Gossard Talks Brad's United We Stand, New Pearl Jam and More
This is the first I think I've actually listened to a Brad album all the way through, so I won't pretend to be an authority on the band or their sound. What I do know is that this is a side project of Pearl Jam songwriter and guitar God, Stone Gossard, so I don't have an unkind word to say about it ;) I think I'll go back and listen to every album on Spotify so I have something to compare this album to, upon completion I may have more to say. Stay TUNED!

For a complete list of New Releases for 4/24/12 please visit AllMusic.com!!

NEWS! 

~ Hello, Gorgeous! Barbara Streisand turns 70!!! Today Entertainment - NBC

~ Sinead O'Connor Cancels Tour CBS News

~ Justin Bieber Pens Song About Baby-Claim Fan Mariah Yeater USA Today