Tuesday, April 3, 2012

New Music Tuesday!

Every Tuesday is an exciting new day for music! Here are a few selections worth checking out, with links to articles, reviews, videos and anything else I could find! As well as newsworthy items for everything else...

 Happy Listening!

New Releases:
Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded Deluxe Edition (explicit)
Spotify: Nicki Minaj – Pink Friday ... Roman Reloaded
HipHopDX Review: Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday Roman Reloaded
I can't even believe I listened to this album. I pretty much despise everything this woman stands for...BUT, something happened around the eighth track. It stopped sucking. Or perhaps, the first seven tracks were just a little too...hardcore rap for me. Talking about body parts and just being gross, set to a beat that pretty much made me want to jump out my 28th floor window. But at track 8, the mood changed from grungy rap to dance club. Now, dance club isn't really my scene either, but I can't help myself. When I hear a good beat, whether I'm out, at home or sitting at my desk, I feel the need to DANCE! And...I hate to admit it,  she has a great voice. Too bad (much like Lady Gaga) you're so distracted by a persona that's larger than life her voice kind of fades into the background. I am pleasantly surprised with this album. I am not sure I would buy it, but if I did, I can tell you with certainty, the first seven tracks (as well as "Stupid Hoe") would have to go immediately.

The Lumineers - Self Titled
Spotify: N/A
Washington Post Review: Quick Spin: The Lumineers - Self Titled Debut
I'm pretty disappointed this album isn't available on Spotify! And sadly, I am at a computer that I can not make purchases on iTunes. BUT. I am fairly confident, this album is amazing. Once I get home and can purchase the album, all will be right with the world and a review will ensue. Until then, please enjoy the below video of single "Ho Hey."


Of Monsters And Men - My Head Is An Animal
Spotify: Of Monsters And Men – My Head Is An Animal
Daily Nebraskan Review: Of Monsters And Men's Debut Album Exudes Charm Talent
I started listening to a Seattle radio station, 107.7 The End, at the beginning of the year via streaming online. I had never heard Of Monsters And Men before, but The End was a fan for sure. After hearing the song, "Little Talks" the first time, I recall checking the streaming player to find out who the artist was and it's been love at first hear ever since! Who would have thought a band from Iceland could produce such warm and cozy music!

For a complete list of releases check out AllMusic.com!


NEWS...
1) Modern blue-grass charmers, Punch Brothers cover The Cars' "Just What I Needed" for the AV Club - This is just AWESOME!! Punch Brothers Cover The Cars

2) Tragic story unfolds in the news today... I don't know about you but this has disaster written all over it... Beatles Sons Consider Forming New Band

3) Everyone's talking about The Voice! Here is a recap in case you missed last night's show! (PS: Please stop remaking "Somebody That I Used To Know," you could not possibly sound as good as Goyte/Kimbra) The Voice Recap