Wednesday, May 9, 2012

New Music Tuesday!

Every Tuesday is an exciting new day for music! And every Wednesday is an exciting day to write about it. Here are a few selections worth checking out (or avoiding), with links to articles, reviews, videos and anything else the Internet could provide...

Happy Listening!!

New Releases

Rita Wilson - AM/FM
I am speechless. I haven't a clue why no one stopped Mrs. Hanks from releasing this album. Clearly all her friends hate her. I wouldn't say this album is the worst album I have ever heard in my life. But it most certainly isn't good. It reminds me of the music one hears when in a waiting room to see the dentist. Or on the elevator in a super corporate building. Or the music the Weather Channel uses when displaying the day's forecast. *yawn* And. They're all COVERS! I am not sure if that makes this better or worse. Regardless, my advice to Rita? Don't quit your day job...

Karmin - Hello
Spotify: Karmin – Hello
For at least a year, Karmin attracted attention via YouTube for their quirky covers of pop's greatest hits. (Rita, you should totally be taking notes, I'm just sayin...) From Chris Brown's "Look At Me Now," to TLC's "No Scrubs," to Lady Antebellum's "Just A Kiss," this adorable duo won our hearts with beautiful vocals and unbelievable rapping. Wait, rapping? Yea, that's what I said. At first glance, you wouldn't think lead singer Amy Heidemann, has the chops for it, but listen to her deliver Busta Rhyme's lines in "Look At Me Now,"and you have no choice but to be impressed. Hello EP is no different. The first track, right off the bat, let's you know this album may be pop, but it's pop with a fuckin edge. From start to finish, the EP is delightful and sure to be a Summer favorite. OH! And check out her hair!! She has the coolest hair ever...




For a complete list of releases please visit AllMusic.com

NEWS!!

Tom Gabel of Against Me Comes Out As Transgender - RollingStone.com
Full article will be available in Friday's Rolling Stone Magazine.

Obama Supports Gay Marriage, Taking a Risky Stand - LA Times
Though this article or story has nothing to do with music, I felt the need to jump on top of my soapbox and voice my absolute pride in our President. I don't care about his motives and I'm quite certain the Gay Rights Movement doesn't either. There was a time in our history, I wouldn't have been allowed to vote. In the 60s people fought to procure rights others had without question. If our past has taught us anything, it has taught us that everyone deserves to be treated equally.

We are all human beings and should be treated that way.